We consider it a privilege to journey with those who sense God is calling them to long-term service with WoodsEdge. WoodsEdge has developed a process that is intended to train, prepare and support those feeling God's call to serve cross-culturally. While it is not always feasible, our preference as a sending church, is to send workers out in teams.
If you are interested in serving long-term with WoodsEdge, please review the steps outlined below. These steps can be taken by an individual or by members of a group who might be considering cross-cultural ministry together.
- Schedule an initial interview with Carol Snell, who oversees long-term training at WE.
- Take Perspectives on the World Christian Movement for certificate (10 weeks).
NOTE: Perspectives is a pre-requisite to ACTIVATE
- Take Activate (16 weeks)(Perspectives as a pre-requisite)
- Go on a Short-term trip
- Become involved in a local ministry that aligns with the work you desire to do cross-culturally
WoodsEdge will extend the invitation to apply for long-term, cross-cultural ministry to persons of proven character who have successfully completed the above requirements and appear to be strong candidates for the formation of a healthy team. Once approved for service, next steps include:
- Extended Team Development Training.
(The amount of required training may depend on location as well as team dynamics.)
- Release- practical preparation and logistics for deployment
- Commissioning and Deployment